- 1- baked 9 inch pie crust
- 1 ½ quarts strawberries (stems removed)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- Rough chop half of the strawberries (or leave halved or whole) and arrange in the bottom of your cooked and cooled pie crust.
- Mash (or blend) the remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water.
- Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into saucepan with boiling fruit syrup.
- Simmer until thickened and shiny, about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour over berries in the pie crust, spread evenly, and chill for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
This strawberry pie is an easy, tasty treat that will make it feel like summer all year round. Bright and sweet, our strawberry pie will put a smile on your face.