Life, Books, & Loves Presents: Low Carb – Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole
Low Carb - Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole
Author: Monique Austin
Recipe type: Healthy
If you are watching your carb intake and have given up on potatoes, then I have the substitute for you...it is a smash of cauliflower and loaded mashed potatoes with very little carbs per serving. It is so good that my children ask for it all the time and my non-veggie lovers also ask for the recipe!
- 1 Medium Organic Cauliflower Head
- ¼ cup Bobs Red Mill Potato Flakes, or instant of your choice
- ½ cup of Horizon Organic Sour Cream
- 1 cup grated Horizon Organic Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Kerrygold Irish Unsalted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Tones Garlic Powder
- 6 slices cooked crumbled Applegate Naturals Uncured Sunday Bacon
- 2 teaspoons Tones Chopped Dry Chives
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Tones Restaurant Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl, and use a potato masher or fork to mash until the cauliflower mixture is fluffy.
- Then add the following to the bowl of cauliflower: mashed potato flakes, sour cream, butter, and garlic powder.
- Add half the cheddar cheese, half the bacon, and half of the chives, mix by hand until everything is incorporate, and then season with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives on top of the dish OR divide into six even portions, which should be approximately ⅓-1/2 cup.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melts, about 10 minutes. (Note: The time may be less, if making individual portions.)
A Single Serving is approximately ⅓-1/2 cup and the Nutrition Fact table is base on the ingredients I used in the recipe.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 226 Fat: 18 Saturated fat: 11 Unsaturated fat: 2 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 9 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 589 Fiber: 2 Protein: 9 Cholesterol: 50